Day in history for December 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The best dish of stewed oysters was served at the Arcade Restaurant. The restaurant is run by Quinlan and Bowen.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- About 3 this afternoon Louis Inglehart appeared in the county clerk's office with a wolf hide for which he will some day receive $5 from the county.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. and Mrs. S.B. Hall returned this morning from Denver, Colo., where he attended a meeting of surgeons of the Rock Island Lines.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- More than a month of tedious practice will come to an end tomorrow night for Coach Major A.V. Swedberg's Augustana College cagers at the Viking gymnasium where they will oppose a quintet composed of former Augie court stars.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Representatives of John Deere CA, the foreign subsidiary of Deere And Co., have notified the Argentine government the company is ready to go ahead with its plans to manufacture tractors and farm implements in that country.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Daily Dispatch launched the Good Fellow Fund with a 1912 editorial saying, 'These folks who are showing the spirit of the season could not well find a better way in which to do it.' The program is now in its 70th year and, aside from the increasing amounts of money donated, nothing has changed.
Back: Available days in December 2007