Day in history for December 1, 2007
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Three Iowa farmers ran their horses over the Rock Island toll bridge today, expecting to escape paying the toll, but police were telephoned and Squire Cropper fined each of the men $5 and costs.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A lively session of the county board of supervisors is expected tomorrow when delegates from Cleveland's Ferry and Colona will appear to argue the location of the new Rock River bridge.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- 'A Bill for Divorcement' is excellent. And this terse comment certainly does not exaggerate the entertainment value of the production, now playing at the Fort theater in Rock Island.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Moline High School debaters won first place honors in the 14th annual invitational debate tournament held here Saturday. The Moline squad won six out of eight debates.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A proposal that Moline Public and Lutheran hospitals share services will be presented before the Moline Hospital Services coordinating committee tonight.
Back: Available days in December 2007