Day in history for November 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Porters' Book Store has been receiving from the east a large assortment of books, wallpaper and other articles which they are prepared to close out to customers at unusually low prices.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- It was learned today that Alderman Mott has been appointed a committee of one to climb to the top of the electric light towers to see whether the paint has been applied scientifically.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A visiting nurse association was formed yesterday with Mrs. Cynthia Woodruff as president, Mrs. Alphonse Mosenfelder was chosen vice president of the organization.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Speaking before a large and enthusiastic hometown audience in the last rally of his campaign, Mayor Chester Thompson of Rock Island said last night that he will carry all six counties of the 14th District in his congressional contest tomorrow with John C. Allen of Monmouth.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The total labor force and total employment of the Rock Island-Scott County area has grown from its level a year ago. The new report was 104,550, an increase of 1,125 persons.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Jordan Catholic School and Longfellow School shared the Rock Island City Safety Council's award for fire safety based on perfect scores in fire safety drills.
Back: Available days in November 2007