Day in history for November 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- In spite of hard times, trade is lively. Eagle Street is crowded almost every day with teams and wagons from the country. Our dry goods stores, grocery and clothing houses are all doing a good business.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A petition is being circulated against allowing cattle to run at large in the city. It will be presented to the city council at its next meeting.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The new Rock Island directory, containing 14,055 names, was issued today. This figure, when multiplied by the usual 2.25, gives the city a population of 31,624.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Gitta Gradova, generally conceded to be the world's outstanding woman pianist, will be the first artist to appear with the Tri-City Symphony Orchestra, which opens its season Dec. 4 in the Augustana College auditorium.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Ninety traffic accidents were reported in Moline last month with 15 injuries and one fatality. The accident record this year is about on par with last year.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Walt Cornelis, broker owner of Century 21 Deporter-Cornelis, and Bob K. Agnew, broker owner of Century 21 Agnew Realtors, Moline, announced the Nov. 1 merger of the two real estate firms. The merger combines the two largest Century 21 offices in the Illinois Quad Cities.
Back: Available days in November 2007