Day in history for November 5, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There is about 10 times as much fever and ague this fall in Rock Island as was known to pervall in the past eight years.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A petition is being circulated and receiving numerous signatures against allowing cattle to run at large in the city. It will be presented to the city council at their next meeting.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The new Rock Island directory containing 14,055 names, was issued today. This figure, when multiplied by the usual ratio of 2.25 gives the city a population of 31,624.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Invitations to visit the schools of Rock Island during National Education Week, Nov 7-11 have been sent to the parents of the city by the students and preparations are being made for a record turnout of visitors.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Action is contemplated to bring Memri Drive-in theater back to the village of Milan, following annexation of about six acres approved last night by the board of trustees.
Back: Available days in November 2007