Day in history for November 4, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Farnam House has changed hands, Capt. A.A. Pond has taken charge of it. We trust Capt. Pond will meet with every success in his new location.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Stuart Robson and Will Crane noted comedians kept a capacity audience in convulsions at Harper's Theater last night with Shakespeare's 'Comedy of Errors.'
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Bank cashiers checks made their appearance in Rock Island as money for the first time to any extent today when employes of the Tri-City Railway Co. were paid with these slips.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Wollmar Filip Bostrom, Swedish minister to this country and Dr. Albert Bushnell Hart, emeritus professor at Harvard University, were guests of honor for the Augustana College tercentenary observance of the death of King Gustavus Adolphus.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- James L. Moore Jr., of Rock Island was the sweepstakes award winner at the Quad-City Art show in Davenport Municipal Gallery.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- All systems are 'go' for the construction of a new Eagle Discount Center at 24th Street and 23rd Ave in Rock Island. Lucky plans to build a 32,100 square foot store on the property formerly occupied by Downings Dairy. Construction of the $2.5 Million facility is expected to get under way next spring.
Back: Available days in November 2007