Day in history for November 30, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Fredrica Bossard will give a benefit at the theater tonight. This lady is worthy of the patronage of our citizens. Her impersonations of different characters are good and she is a very pretty woman.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Superintendent Kemble reported today that 832 of the 1,769 pupils in the Rock Island schools were neither absent nor late during the month of November.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- About 10 inside sports of Rock Island attended a boxing carnival in Moline last night. The bouts had been completed before the police learned of the event and no arrests were made.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- John Devine of Rock Island, elected to the office of county recorder of deeds, today announced the appointment of John W. Graham, Miss Marguerite R. Lowman and Ollie Magnuson as deputies. Devine and his new staff will take office Monday.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Fire and smoke caused an estimated $5,000 damage to the Fort Armstrong Hotel, Rock Island, at 7:30 this morning. The blaze started in a sixth floor room.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- On the spit this year for the annual roast of the Geneseo Grid Club was Dr. David Rash who quite obviously was proud to have been selected for the honors. Close to 200 persons turned out for this spicy and well done show at The Deck Plaza in Geneseo.
Back: Available days in November 2007