Day in history for November 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. E. Hersey was admitted as a member of the firm of Richardson, Parkhurst and Co.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Next Saturday morning, the Mary Morton will leave Rock Island for the last trip north of the season and after that no freight will be accepted by the Diamond Jo lines for any point above Dubuque.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The appointment of Dennis Bennett as patrolman on the police force was confirmed by the city council. Officer Bennett has been serving on the force for some time and has proved a capable officer.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Approximately one thousand Republican women of Rock Island County attended the reception and tea for Princess Cantacuzene, granddaughter of President U.S. Grant, at the Scottish Rite Cathedral.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Preparations for a family Rosary drive were made at the meeting of more than 150 Catholic men at Alleman High School.The purpose of the drive is to promote family recitation of the Rosary during the period from Feast of the Immaculate Conception through Christmas.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Lane Evans had to stay up until 2:10 a.m. on March 16 to learn he had become a contender for the congressional race. He had to stay up until 2:30 this morning to find out he had become congressman.
Back: Available days in November 2007