Day in history for November 29, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The businessmen of Rock Island will meet at the courthouse tonight to talk over money matters.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Although the ice will hardly support their weight, a number of boys have begun skating on the slough. If they continue, we shall be forced to report a tragedy.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- William Ferkel announced today that a mass meeting of citizens will be at Turner Hall tomorrow night to discuss the formation of a consumers league in this city.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- City employes are assured of receiving their pay on time, at least up to about Jan. 1, with the Rock Island Council last night borrowing $15,000 from the river-rail terminal interest reserve fund for investment in tax anticipation warrants for the benefit of the general fund.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Many interesting experiences in Beirut, Lebanon, are recounted by Miss Mary Jane Morford, Davenport, a former Aledo girl, who is a student at the American University of Beirut, in a letter to her aunts. Miss Bertha Close and Mrs. Hiram Parkman, of Aledo.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- 1983 has been designated as the 'Year of the River' by the Junior League of the Quad cities. 'Joined by a River' is the theme for the yearlong celebration with goals of increasing the community's pride of the Mississippi.
Back: Available days in November 2007