Day in history for November 28, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There is no foundation to the report that the Coal Valley Mining Company has decided to increase the price of coal.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Several loads of squealing porkers going down 2nd Avenue yesterday and today convinces us that J.S. Gilmore's porking season has begun.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Mark Hambourg, the noted Russian pianist and composer, has been booked for a concert at the Illinois Theater on Dec. 18. His wife, an accomplished violinist, also will appear on the program.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The contemporary background of the church extending to its founding date in 1837, was discussed yesterday by the Rev. H.L. Moore at the morning worship services in Central Presbyterian Church, Rock Island in observance of the 85th anniversary of its founding.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Geneseo Women of the Moose voted to donate $2.50 to Mooseheart for the purchase of library books at the meeting Tuesday.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- John J. Grady, manager, Klaus Radio Inc, in Eldgrige, Iowa, was presented a special plaque for his sales of video disc players. Arnold Valencis, president of the RCA Sales Corporation was there to present the award. Valencis predicted that video disc sales would top $200 million this year nationwide.
Back: Available days in November 2007