Day in history for November 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The snow has been of great assistance to deer hunters. We may look for our market to be abundantly supplied with delicious venison in a few days.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Those who attended the first presentations of the big spectacle 'The World' at the Harper Theater last night voted that the play was a good show.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A fire of unknown origin last night caused damage estimated at $5,000 to the stock of a Rock Island drug company. Much of the damage resulted from water from the sprinkler system.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island Post No. 200, American Legion, will host all posts of the county Dec. 5, when James P. Ringley, commander of the Illinois Department of the Legion, will be the speaker. The meeting will be in the south wing of the City Hall.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The opening of a laboratory in Rock Island for the development and production of pharmaceutical products for veterinarians was announced today.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A majority of Moline municipal workers voted Wednesday night to accept a city plan to save this year's budget through furloughs for all employees. All three of the city's unions have voted on the furlough plan. Prior to the votes by the three unions, the city had warned members that layoffs were possible.
Back: Available days in November 2007