Day in history for November 24, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Strayed. A black cow, 7 years old, marked with a crop off the right ear and an under crop off the left ear. Any person leaving information at Teal's Grocery Store will be liberally rewarded.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The present railroad rate war between the Milwaukee and the Rock Island Lines has reduced the fare from Rock Island to Chicago to 50 cents.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Buggy Company has shut down its factory for an indefinite period because of the present unsettled financial situation existing in the country.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- When Assistant State's Attorney Francis J. Coyle arrived at his office in the courthouse this morning, he found the top of his desk covered with $5 in pennies. Attorney Jack Franklin had made a bad guess on the Moline-Davenport football game, and settled with Mr. Coyle in the minor coins.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Two Augustana College juniors, Martin Katz and Norman Nelson, will study next semester at American University in Washington, D.C. They have been selected as participants in the Washington Semester Program.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- On Monday, Rock Island teachers will receive an application to teach at the Fundamental School. A meeting will be held at Hawthorne-Irving School for teachers who want to know more.
Back: Available days in November 2007