Day in history for November 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Capt. Robinson of the steamer Glenwood states that when near Muscatine a passenger was missing.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The roads are still so unsettled that our rural friends do not come to town unless compelled to, but a few more warm days like today and matters will be straightened out.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- All of the children escaped safely this afternoon when a fire broke out at the Kemble School. The flames were extinguished before much damage could be done.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Final arrangements for the frolic of Rock Island Lodge No. 100, Loyal Order of the Moose, were made last night at the meeting in the Moose clubrooms. The frolic is set for Sunday and the program is under the direction of James McCabe.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Cost of living held steady at 121.1 in October, the first time in 14 months the government measure of consumer prices has not risen, but Deere And Co. employes qualified for a one-half of one percent pay boost.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Michael S. Plunkett, vice president, industrial relations and personnel at Deere And Co., Moline, has been named to serve on the board of directors at St. Ambrose College. Announcement of the appointment was made by the Most Rev. Gerald F. O'Keefe, D.D. bishop of Davenport president of the college board.
Back: Available days in November 2007