Day in history for November 20, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Strauss whose artistic skill has been displayed in many instances in Rock Island, is about to leave our city for Galesburg where he will teach drawing and painting.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Only a small audience heard Robert Ingersoll, the great lecturer, speak at Harper's Theater last night. The lecture was regarded as the weakest he has given in this city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- East Moline businessmen are considering steps to change the name of that city. Residents there feel that the name implies that East Moline is just a suburb of Moline.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Two proposals for retrenchment in municipal finances were turned down by the R I City Council last night as aldermen indicated they would rather worry along in the face of bankruptcy than to pare expenditures to within current income. The vote was 10-3 against a motion for a 10 per cent reduction of expenses.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Robert Barrett of Deere And Co., B. V. Nutt of Moline Iron Works and W. C. Rosborough of Moline Tool Co. will be among 83 named to the arrangements committee of the 64th annual dinner meeting of the Illinois Manufacturing Assn.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Harrison Street Brewing Co. recently opened. Toasting the opening are Jerry and Dan Carmody, owners and Mayor Charles Peart.
Back: Available days in November 2007