Day in history for November 2, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- All those who want to enjoy a 'clean and easy shave' should visit the shaving emporium in the Vermont Hotel where Mr. Isabell is the barber.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Superintendent Kemble reported today that 842 of the 1,842 students enrolled in Rock Island public schools had not been either absent or tardy during the first month of the semester.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Subscriptions for the visiting nurse fund are being received daily and plans for a visiting nurse association to handle this work are being formulated by the women of the city.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Refreshed from two days rest after their 7-0 victory over Monmouth last Saturday, Rock Island's football squad began drill yesterday afternoon in preparation for their annual engagement with Davenport High's undefeated team. Coaches Kenneth E. Greene and Julien Peterson put the Rocks through their paces.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Appointment of George D. Baird to the position of Rock Island director of Civil Defense is expected to take place at the meeting of the city council Monday night.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Halloween 1982 will probably by remembered as one of the scariest, with tainted candy bars and other treats. Many parents apparently wary of Tylenol poisonings in recent weeks kept the children home.
Back: Available days in November 2007