Day in history for November 19, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We had a fine fall of snow yesterday afternoon but by the time this item is circulated the snow will be gone.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Next Wednesday, Rock Island lovers of opera will have an opportunity of listening to Fannie Kellogg and other noted singers.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- East Moline business men are considering steps to change the name of the city. Residents there feel that the name implies that East Moline is but a suburb of Moline.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The final chapter of the Augustana grid season will be entered into the record books tomorrow when Coach Shorty Almquist's team will attempt to uphold its so far perfect slate against Lake Forest at Ericson Field. The unemployed of the Quad City area will be admitted to the game free of charge.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Nick Chirekos, Rock Island, has purchased the Plantation, the former palatial W. L. Velie mansion, from the Bert Bogaert estate. Chirekos is a former manager of The Plantation.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Joseph 'Bud' Shaab was awarded the title of Quad-City Individual Volunteer of the Year. After he lost both his legs due to complications following surgery and was confined to a wheelchair, he saw a need for adaptive equipment for himself and other handicapped people.
Back: Available days in November 2007