Day in history for November 16, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- For some days past, large flocks of wild geese have been flying around. Sometimes they get down almost low enough to be caught on the wing.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Word was received today from Mayor Carse that he was elected first vice president of the International Bottlers Association.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The weather continues to be bad in Rock Island. It appears that winter has at last put its icy bite on the city.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for the naming of a joint committee by the Quad-City Builders Club and the six Tri-City building and loan associations were made at a meeting last night at the Rock Island Elks Club. The committee will formulate plans to strengthen and popularize the building and loan associations so that a revival of home building can be possible.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island County residents are invited to visit Namequa Lodge home for girls who are wards of the Rock Island County Family Court. The new $96,000 lodge is located on 17th Street in Silvis, just a block north of Colona Road.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Violation of city ordinance has been filed against Miller's Florist -- owners of the shop are accused of keeping a goat behind the shop. Neighbors say 'Nanny' the goat's manure smells in the summer and draws flies.
Back: Available days in November 2007