Day in history for November 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- James Johnson is now selling his family flour at $4 per barrel retail.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The work of surveying the new line for the Hennepin Canal is nearing completion and considerable hope is being held here that the next congress will appropriate enough money to begin construction.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Slight snow flurries yesterday and today marked the beginning of a decided cold period. The temperature dropped to 24 degrees during the night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The City of Rock Island today was receiving for the first time its supply of Mississippi River water through the new permanent intake lines at the Rock Island locks. The cutover from the temporary to the permanent lines was completed last night.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island Arsenal Officers Wives Club will sponsor its second annual benefit fashion show and dinner. The Army Relief is organized to provide assistance to soldiers and their families, including aid to widows and orphans of army personnel.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Respiratory Therapy Department at Moline Lutheran Hospital is one the model units in the country. Charles McKnight, RRT, is the head of the department that employs 50 people. He is president of the Illinois Society for Respiratory Therapists.
Back: Available days in November 2007