Day in history for November 12, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Dull times are perhaps the very best for advertisers. What little trade is going on they get and while others are grumbling, they pay their debts.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The Winston Dramatic Co. will present Miss Jennie Winston in Offenbach's best opera, 'Perichole,' at Harper's Theater on Sunday.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The monthly report of Superintendent Hayden to the Board of Education shows that in the first two months of the school year the enrollment was 3,275 a decrease of 213 pupils from the past year.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The male chorus of the Augustana Theological Seminary has arranged a five-day concert tour of churches in Chicago and other Illinois cities. The chorus will again be under the direction of the Rev. Clarence Johnson, pastor of Grace Lutheran Church, Davenport.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Participants in the second annual Quad-City Science Fair will compete for two one-year scholarships in the 1958 show. Harold Kambak, representing Augustana and the Rev. Msgr. W.J. Collins, president of St. Ambrose, made the announcements.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Neu Oldsmobile, Inc. has been purchased by Harold Campbell, a Gary, Ind., native. Sylvester J. Neu will be retiring. The new firm, known as Campbell Oldsmobile, began operations on Monday.
Back: Available days in November 2007