Day in history for November 11, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The fire companies of Rock Island, Davenport and Moline will have a friendly meeting in our city Saturday to test engines and see which one can throw a stream of water the greatest distance.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- About $2,500 in water rents were paid to the city clerk yesterday, the final day of payment. Shutting off water supply of delinquents will begin today.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The annual rummage sale held in the armory for the benefit of Bethany Home closed last night. Total receipts for the three days of the sale were $659.01.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- William W. Gordon of Kansas City, Kan., has been appointed a member of the national board of directors of Modern Woodmen of America.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Kenneth M. Brown, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert S. Brown, Rock Island, has been awarded a $200 scholarship from the Interfoundation Committee for Economic Scholarships, Great Barrington, Mass. Brown is a freshman at the University of Notre Dame. He is a 1937 graduate of Alleman High School.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Industrial Sales Inc. handled the sale of 175 machine tools offered by International Harvester at auction. The machines were either displaced by the production lines moving to Farmall from Louisville or were obsolete and being replaced.
Back: Available days in November 2007