Day in history for November 1, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Rock Island firemen marched to the theater where a dramatic company was to give a performance of 'The Fireman.' One of the stars, Miss Douglas, failed to arrive and the play, 'The Drunkard,' was substituted.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The milk dealers of Rock Island met this morning and agreed to sell milk at 6 1/2 cents a quart in the future. Those who take four quarts a day will be able to get the milk at 17 quarts for $1.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Mayor Schaffer and Police Chief Eckhart spent yesterday in Peoria studying the new fire and police alarm system which has been installed there. A new system is planned for Rock Island.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- E.C. Fisher of Peoria, former superintendent of Rock Island public schools, was the speaker at the meeting of the Rock Island Rotary Club today.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Opposition to the proposed additional span to the Moline-Bettendorf bridge gained momentum today. East Moline Mayor Frank Esposito suggested consideration to be given to locate the span farther east, possibly in the eastern part of Moline or East Moline.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The R.I. Kiwanis Club recently donated $1,000 to the Spastic Paralysis Research Foundation. Attending the presentation were Dale Blocklinger, George Walsh, George Keist and Tom Foster.
Back: Available days in November 2007