Day in history for October 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Smith, of Davenport, being about to remove into a new block is closing out his carpets at cost. Here is a chance for housekeepers.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- As soon as the remainder of the iron required for the Milan street car line shall be received, the road will be formally thrown open to the public.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- More than 10,000 people are expected to attend the Milan celebration of the opening of the Hennepin canal on Oct. 21. A sports program has been arranged for this day with free boat rides on the canal.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Cousins, a 7-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl, both of Moline, were seriously injured this morning when they were struck by the eastbound Rocky Mountain limited of the Rock Island Lines at the 3rd Street crossing, Moline.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Arson fears flamed anew today in wake of a fire last night which destroyed two cattle feeding barns on the Russell Saur farm, north of Buffalo.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- About 350 Caterpillar Tractor Co. Davenport Plant employees will be laid off Friday as a result of the United Auto Workers Strike. They are clerical workers, secretaries and non-management, non-union staff members. Similar layoffs are expected at other locations. No negotiations have been held since Sept. 31.
Back: Available days in October 2007