Day in history for October 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Notice -- All persons are forbid trusting or harboring my wife, Matilda Garnsey, having left my bed and board. I will pay no accounts of her contracting. Edwin Garnsey.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Quite a crowd assembled on the corner near Mitchell and Lynde's bank last evening to see some of the apparatus for the electric light system which had just been unloaded.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- More than 500 delegates and Rock Island citizens attended the state YMCA convention banquet at the 16th Street skating rink last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Paul Kochanski, Polish violin virtuoso, opened the 1932-33 season of the Tri-City Music Association last night at the Augustana College gymnasium, charming a group of more than 1,200 music lovers.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Harry Lefstein has been named chairman of the Rock Island Chamber of Commerce annual meeting committee. Announcement of his appointment was made by Harold J. Osborne, president. The 36th annual dinner meeting will be held in January.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Whitey's Ice Cream Manufacturers Inc., Moline, has bought The Ice Creamery, 2516 18th Ave., Rock Island. Whitey's vice president Jon Tunberg said the firm closed the deal Saturday. The Ice Creamery's previous owners were Bob and Margaret Rapsilber.
Back: Available days in October 2007