Day in history for October 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Dr. Caroline Richards announces her willingness to practice her profession amoung women and children in Rock Island. Her residence is opposite the First Presbyterian Church.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The great romantic melodrama, 'Jesse James, the Bandit King,' will be presented at Harper's Theater tomorrow night.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- John Hauberg of Rock Island was elected vice president of the Illinois YMCA at the business meeting of the convention being held in Rock Island.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Benjamin Hartz, chairman of the Board of Directors of the McKesson-Hartz Drug Co. and president of the former Hartz and Bahnsen Wholesale Drug Co., died at his residence last night.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Crippled Children's Foundation of Rock Island County will hold an open house at its treatment center, 3808 8th Ave., Rock Island, Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. The occasion is the dedication of the foundation's new occupational therapy department.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Deere And Co. chief executive Robert A. Hanson today was elected chairman of the board, replacing U.S. ambassador to Jamaica William A. Hewitt. Juanita M. Kreps, former U.S. Secretary of Commerce, was elected a director. Thomas A. Gildehaus joined the top rank of Deere management as executive vice president.
Back: Available days in October 2007