Day in history for October 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The river continues in good navigable order. The arrivals of steamboats are not numerous and freight continues scarce.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The second game of baseball between The Argus and the Union Nines was played yesterday in Davenport's pasture, resulting in a score of 36-22 in favor of The Argus boys.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The St. Paul Commandery of the Knights Templar has accepted an invitation to hold its 1908 state meeting in Rock Island, according to word received from delegates at the present meeting in Chicago.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The annual Walther League district convention banquet will be held at the Black Hawk State Park Inn tonight with the Rev. Herman Harms, pastor of the Trinity Lutheran Church of Davenport, as principal speaker.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island's 1957 Community Chest drive smashed over its $129,997 goal as workers reported a total of $132,226.24, the largest amount ever raised in the annual drive.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- If you go out to the Quad-City Airport some evening, you may be surprised by an unusual sight - a dog team pulling a sled on wheels. It's not some entrepreneur blazing a new trail to the Northland; it's Dave Orme of Moline training his Siberian Huskies to do what they do best.
Back: Available days in October 2007