Day in history for October 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Lettig's extensive brewery in Rock Island has been sold to Mr. Smith for $16,000
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- P.W. Norris, superintendent of the Yellowstone National Park, is in Rock Island to study the remains of the Indian village at Black Hawk Watch Tower and the Indian mounds at Milan.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Fanny Cleland of Rock Island was elected corresponding secretary of the woman's home missionary society of the Illinois Presbyterian Synod at the annual meeting in Bloomington.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- W.N. Phillips, actuary of the Modern Woodmen of America and Royal Neighbors of America, has been selected chairman of the annual membership roll call of the Rock Island Chapter of the Red Cross.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Tri-City Symphony Orchestra Association announces the reorganization of the Community Orchestra into a Youth Symphony, under the baton of Charles Gigante, conductor of the Symphony Orchestra.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A long-standing dispute between the Rock Island Recreation and Park Board and Rock Island County over polling places apparently will be settled in court. With the Nov. 2 general election two weeks away, both sides are getting edgy over a dispute about the polling place at Horace Mann School, 3530 38th Ave., Rock Island.
Back: Available days in October 2007