Day in history for October 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Saturday was the last day of the races. The band as usual paraded the streets, stirring up all the patriotism within the little boys and making them feel happy.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Fred Warde scored a triumph in the character of Richelieu last night at Harper's Theater. A large audience witnessed the play, one of the best of the season.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Work on the pavillion being erected in Long View Park is being rushed to an early completion. The building will be used as a bandstand and shelter for park visitors.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island's 6-0 defeat at the hands of Galesburg turned the Big Nine conference race into a free-for-all and left East Moline perched on top. The battle between the Islanders and Moline will have an important bearing on the conference standings.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- About 30 percent of the 9,600 students enrolled in Rock Island public schools were absent. Based on reports, the 'bug', be it flu or otherwise, was spreading south into the residential areas from the downtown area.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- It would have been enough to make Dracula cry in his bier. Construction on the haunted house Moline Jaycees were building for the ancient vampire and his fellow spooks was halted because it violated Moline building codes.
Back: Available days in October 2007