Day in history for October 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- David Bowen, grocer and commission merchant at the corner of Illinois and Buffalo streets, has a large and well-selected stock of groceries, which are offered at the very lowest market rates.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A great deal of opposition is being voiced to the use of the courthouse square as a pasture for hungry cows of the city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Officers of the Royal Neighbors of America reported today that the society has experienced a net gain of 14,617 beneficiary members in the past nine months, making the total membership more than 200,000.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Orpheum theater will reopen in Davenport tomorrow with programs of five RKO vaudeville acts and first run feature and short motion pictures. The house will be operated on a schedule of three days a week: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Clasons own and operate the Green Lakes Mink Ranch in Milan. With about 1,800 mink on hand, their ranch is the largest in western Illinois.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Candace Connell, Moline, received a $625 scholarship for the Moline Public Hospital School of Nursing. The scholarship was made possible by the husband and children of Mrs. Harry W. Johnson of Prophetstown. She was a 1948 graduate of Public's nursing school.
Back: Available days in October 2007