Day in history for September 9, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- It is expected that there will soon be a change in the firm of Danforth And Shurly and all persons indebted to them are requested to make immediate payment.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The articles of incorporation of the Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota Railway Co. were filed today in the office of the county clerk.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Several thousand persons attended the opening day's program at the Rock Island County Fair, attracted by the fine weather and the large exhibits on display there.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Vere Nutt of Moline was elected commander of the Rock Island County organization of the American Legion. He succeeds Frank M. Brown of Rock Island. Lawrence C. Murphy of Rock Island was elected adjutant.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Eleven years ago last May 25 Mrs. Otto Soelzer, Moline, mailed a letter to her son, Ralph, who was stationed with a Marine outfit at Newport News, Va. This morning the mailman returned the letter to her unopened, but enclosed in a second envelope, furnished by the Newport News Post Office.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The new John Deere 2350 utility tractor and the slightly smaller 2150 re to be introduced this fall at John Deere farm equipment and consumer product dealerships. The tractors are built at Deere's Mannheim, Germany, factory.
Back: Available days in September 2007