Day in history for September 8, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Messrs. Semmons And Co., the celebrated English Opticians and manufacturers of the improved Brazilian Pebble spectacles, respectfully announce their arrival and may be consulted for a few days only at LeClaire House, Davenport.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The first car for the Rock Island and Milan street railway arrived from St. Louis.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The city dads of Rock Island and Moline battled at Island City Park for seven long innings for the benefit of Bethany Home, Rock Island, winning by a score of 18 to 11.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Robbers struck almost simultaneously at a Davenport bank and six other business places in the Quad-Cities during the noon hour in a record outbreak of crime and fled with loot in the estimated total of more than $20,000.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Campbell's Island residents were cutting trees on the five-acre tract near the famed 'Indian Massacre' monument for preparation of a community park. When completed, the area will include a baseball diamond, picnic area, tennis courts and playground.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Black Hawk College could have a new computer ready for spring semester if the BHC trustees follow a committee recommendation to spend $1.4 million for the machine, associated equipment and updated language packages.
Back: Available days in September 2007