Day in history for September 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Johnson advertises his extra family flour for $5 a barrel. He says that the quality of the wheat this year is unusually good.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Buying school books is now the chief occupation of Rock Island citizens who have young hopefuls in attendance at the schools of the city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island baseball club left Rock Island for its final road trip of the season and will play at Dubuque today. The team is just a half game behind league-leading Decatur.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Lawrence C. Murphy was installed as commander of the Rock Island post of the American Legion last night. Installing officers was 14th District Commander Guy Ricketts of Monmouth.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Keith Klockau, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Klockau of 520 18th Ave., Rock Island, will preach tomorrow at the 8:30 and 11:45 worship services at the Immanuel Lutheran Church. Klockau will return later this month to Concordia in St. Louis where he will complete his training for the ministry.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Willy George West of East Moline says finding his father after a 32-year separation 'was like a miracle.' 'It was really a thrill,' he said when he was reunited with his father three weeks ago in Concord, Mass., after searching for him almost 25 years.
Back: Available days in September 2007