Day in history for September 30, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Madame Louis of Davenport informs Rock Island women that she has a new and tasteful stock of straw and silk bonnets and French and Swiss embroidery.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The Rock Island Stars and the Moline Boys in Blue played the deciding game in a baseball series at Moline. The Moline club came out on top by a 15-8 score.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Crop correspondent Thomas Campbell reported that the average yield of oats this season was 25 bushels per acre, hay was 3,000 pounds per acre and potatoes are 70% of normal.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Republican party organization brought the big guns into action with seven simultaneous rallies last evening. The rallies in Rock Island, Moline and East Moline marked the opening of the Republican campaign locally. Former Gov. Len Small was the speaker at the the Rock Island meeting.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Quad-City Construction Co., Rock Island, has been awarded a $329,900 contract for 1.84 miles of concrete pavement on Highway 34 in Henry and Knox Counties.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- WVIK radio at Augustana College will expand its programming and operating hours beginning Monday to attract the public financial support it needs to offset cuts in federal funding, Don Wooten, station general manager, announced today.
Back: Available days in September 2007