Day in history for September 29, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The regular services of the First Presbyterian Church will be omitted next Sabbath, owing to the absence of the Pastor Rev. S.T. Wilson.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A new steam engine has been ordered for the Rock Island and Milan street car line to haul the horse cars from the city to the Searstown switch and up to Watch Tower Park.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- President Theodore Roosevelt embarked at Keokuk, Iowa, today on a river inspection trip to the south. One hundred fifteen boats, many of them from Rock Island, formed an escort for his boat at Keokuk.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The city of Rock Island received formal consent from the state of Illinois for improvement of the municipal levee between 17th and 19th streets by construction of a dry rubble wall of river bed rock.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Webelos Day, planned to acquaint older Cub Scouts with Boy Scout activities, is expected to bring 150 Cub Scouts and a similar number of dads to Camp Na-Se-Us-Kuk, west of Andalusia.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Star Forms Inc., a Moline-based firm that makes computer forms, has moved its middle-level management personnel to its Moline headquarters at 4414 River Drive. The move will shift about 25 people from the firm's Bettendorf plant to the Moline office.
Back: Available days in September 2007