Day in history for September 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- James Broderick has opened a grocery on Adams Street.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The new ferry dock being constructed here is nearing completion and will soon be taken to the Davenport side to replace the one now doing service there.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Seven members of the Rock Island County Board of Supervisors and County Clerk H.B. Hubbard have been named delegates to the convention of the Illinois Association of County Clerks and Supervisors in Chicago.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- You can 'see' the first game of the World Series between the Cubs and Yanks on The Argus player-board tomorrow. Join the crowd in front of The Argus building. Thousands of Rock Island fans will be there. Every pitched ball, every foul tip, every play will be reproduced immediately after it takes place on the field.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Factory employment in the Quad-Cities hit its highest level of the past year on Sept. 1, when 45,472 persons had jobs with area industries. The figure is 6.2% higher than a year ago.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Jesus Hernandez of Silvis has won two more medals in the fight for physical fitness. Hernandez, 69, claimed the two third-place medals in the state Senior Olympics last weekend in Springfield. They came in tennis and in the 1 mile walking race.
Back: Available days in September 2007