Day in history for September 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- After touching below 30 degrees, the thermometer climbed back to more seasonable temperatures this afternoon. More frost is expected tonight.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The low water over the Rock Island rapids, renders navigation very difficult and even rafting is accomplished with the greatest difficulty. Navigation on the upper river is almost at a standstill.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. J.W. Stewart was elected president of the Rock Island branch of the WCTU. Mrs. Ella Taylor was named corresponding secretary.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The synodical Sunday services at the Immanuel Lutheran Church of Rcok Island yesterday were attended by 1,000 in the morning and by more than 800 in the afternoon. Churches in Rock Island, Henry, Scott, Clinton and Muscatine Counties were represented at the meetings.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- When Shriners assemble in Rock Island Saturday for the Western Illinois Shrine Ceremonial, including a colorful parade at 6:30 p.m. and a pageant 'Shrine on Parade' at the Rock Island Public Schools Stadium at 8, they will be representing some 700,000 Shriners in North America.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Old Timers Salvation Army Brass Band helped the Salvation Army's Moline corps celebrate its 90th anniversary at the corps headquarters, 520 12th St.
Back: Available days in September 2007