Day in history for September 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Democrats of Rock Island County will hold a meeting for the purpose of appointing delegates to a county convention to be held Oct. 3 in the Courthouse.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A slight frost was visible in Rock Island this morning and as the first of the flocks of wild geese passed over on their way south, residents began preparing for an early winter.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The first appropriation from the $100,000 new factory fund is to be made for the purchase of a site for the enlargement of the National Neck Yoke Factory, an established industry here.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The new pastor of the First Methodist Church of Rock Island, the Rev. Ernest J. Campbell, will arrive in the city next week. The Rev. Mr. Campbell succeeds the Rev. Edwin G. Sandmeyer. The Rev. Mr. Campbell has been district superintendent of the Springfield district of the Methodist Church for the past six years.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Despite uncooperative weather, approximately $105 had been collected in the Disabled American Veterans' Forget-Me-Not sale today, according to Mrs. Jody Lamp, program director.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Money is tight, costs are going up and the Moline Housing Authority has to cut one position. But things still are looking better than they did a year ago.
Back: Available days in September 2007