Day in history for September 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The world-renowned plows of Mr. John Deere of Moline took the first premium at the Illinois State Fair for being superior to all others.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Everything is unusually quiet in police circles. Yesterday there was not even an unchecked canine to require the attention of our police and there were no disturbances this morning.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Central Illinois Conference of the Methodist Church, which has been in session here since Tuesday, was adjourned last night. The Rev. R. R. Williams was reappointed pastor of the First Methodist Church, Rock Island.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The coldest temperatures since May 29 prevailed in the Quad-City area last night when the mercury sank to a 51-degree minimum. A simular reading is forecast for tonight.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- St. Anthony's Hospital will open a new unit for the care of the mentally ill on Monday in the east wing of the north building's second floor, Mother Mary Elizabeth, hospital administrator, announced today.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Time was running out, about to be grabbed by La Grange, East Moline quarterback Brian Overmire makes one last scan for a receiver. The Panthers moved the ball best with Overmire throwing Friday, but still lost to La Grange, 13-6.
Back: Available days in September 2007