Day in history for September 16, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Two fine boys, Fred and John Hagen, now run the Fort Armstrong Ferry and will wait upon all who wish to cross promptly and courteously.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The supervisors have decided that the county officers elected in November shall receive the following salaries: county judge, $1,600; clerk, $1,700; treasurer, $1,500 and sheriff, $1,800.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Islanders, Three-I League champions, were treated to a royal reception upon their homecoming this morning from Cedar Rapids. They were paraded through the city by enthusiastic rooters.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Islanders again have forged into the lead in the championship series last night, 4-2, while 1,900 fans happily watched.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Long distance and other special phone services, excluding, local calls, were being handled on a delayed basis today as Quad-City operators and clerks refused to cross picket lines set up by Western Electric installers at Rock Isand and Davenport telephone buildings this morning.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The annual Quad-Cities Juvenile Diabetes Bike-a-thon will be held on Sept. 26 at the Rock Island Arsenal tank track.
Back: Available days in September 2007