Day in history for September 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Atkinson And Reynolds are now prepared to take contracts for building for the coming Spring and Summer. We have on hand, or will make, from 5 to 10 million bricks and lay them up in a wall in the best manner, or sell them to purchasers.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Tomorrow, the play 'A Square Man' will be at Harper's Theatre by the Benjamin Moginley combination. The play has never been shown in this city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The board of supervisors took another step toward county economy when they voted that the clerk not pay the bounty on groundhogs, crows and crows' eggs.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- An Angus steer owned by Robert Moody of Coe Township brought top price among baby beefs sold in Chicago yesterday. It went for $10.75 per hundred. The steer was reserve champion at the Rock Island County 4-H Club show Saturday in Moline.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- About 300 Geifman Food Stores employees were guests of the company in its new store at 2351 11th St., Rock Island, at an open house from 9 to 11 today.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Grace Kelly, the elegant and mannered model whose storybook life took her from the finishing schools of Philadelphia to the sound stages of Hollywood to the royal palace of Monaco, died yesterday of a cerebral hemorrhage.
Back: Available days in September 2007