Day in history for September 1, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- G.C. Grut respectfully informs the citizens of Rock Island, Davenport, Moline, Camden and their vicinities that he has opened an establishment for manufacturing plain and ornamental picture frames and upholstery.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A grand ball and banquet has been planned for the liquor dealers and manufacturers who will attend the state convention in Rock Island on Sept. 19.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- James W. Cavanaugh was reappointed superintendent of the Rock Island Waterworks by Mayor H.C. Schaffer at a meeting of the city council.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Moline building activities took an encouraging spurt during August. Sixty-nine permits were issued and the estimated cost of the projects amounted to $31,672.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The 1958 line of RCA-Victor color televisions will be introduced to more than 175 dealers in eastern Iowa, western Illinois and southern Wisconsin at a special showing Wednesday at the new home for the corporation, 1704 S. Dittmer St., Davenport.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island County officials have selected the north side of 3rd Avenue between 13th and 14th streets in Rock Island as the site of the new county jail. Jordan Junior High School and three other buildings on the half-block site will be demolished.
Back: Available days in September 2007