Day in history for August 4, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- T. Lighiton, would respectfully inform the citizens of Rock Island he is prepared to give instrustions in music, on the Piano, Forte, and Organ.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- C.B Knox, a guard on the government bridge, yesterday caught a 65-pound catfish, and it was considered to be a particulary good day for fishing.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The fat men of the city defeated the lean ones, 18 to 17, yesterday afternoon at the Island City benefit of the Old Ladies Home.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Dr. Morris Fishbein, author of the daily health articles published by the Argus, has been decorated with one of the highest honors in the gift of the Italian government.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Al (Frosty) DeVreize of East Moline was named outstanding Amvet in Illinois during the annual installation of district officers in Sterling Saturday night.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline Hospital Services Coordinating Committee is taking shape, although it is still one member short. The names of 13 committee members were approved by the Moline City Council Tuesday, with one position held open at the request of the Lutheran Church of America.
Back: Available days in August 2007