Day in history for August 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The work on the sidewalks is making slow progress. The time fixed by the city council for its completion has expired.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- More than 50 different attractions have been given dates at Harper's Theater for the coming season and it is expected that the season will be one of the best in the history of the theater.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Three proprietors of gaming houses in Rock Island were arrested by a squad of police led by Chief Eckhart. The drive against gambling is being pushed vigorously.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Playing steady, consistent golf, Roy Combs of Rock Island, former Quad City public links champion, defeated Pete Johnston of Moline, six and four, in a 36-hole match to win the men's annual championship tournament at the Black Hawk Hills Country Club yesterday.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Ozark Air Lines established an all time traffic record for a single day last Friday, by flying a total of 1,670 passengers. The record passenger traffic over the 48- city Ozark system included 1,616 regular passengers and a charter flight of 54 passengers.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Evelyn Witter of Milan, well-known local author, has received national recognition in 'Farm Wife News' a high circulation magazine which covers the farm scene from coast to coast.
Back: Available days in August 2007