Day in history for August 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The annual fair of the Rock Island County Agricultural Society will be held at the fairgrounds Sept. 16-17.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A meeting of the stockholders of the electric light company will be held tomorrow night at the office of the Rock Island Baby Carriage Co. to consider plans for expansion.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- There has been very little doing among the Tri-City lumber mills this season owing to the scarcity of logs. Low water at the source of the Mississippi River has made it impossible to float logs.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- More than 2,000 persons attended the Community Night program held at Long View Park last night. Earl Wynn acted as master of ceremonies, and Herman Schnell led the community singing.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A $2,390,000 south slope sewer development program was presented at the Moline City Council meeting by the sewer advisory committee. The report recommended construction of lateral sewers, trunk sewers, interceptor sewer and a sewage treatment plant for the south slope which is approximately the drainage area between 23rd Avenue and the Rock River.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Riverdale School Board approved the sale of $420,200 worth of life safety bonds to finance repairs and energy conservation work at the high school and grade school.
Back: Available days in August 2007