Day in history for August 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Any family who wants a good girl to work in the kitchen can hear of one by calling at the Argus office.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The wooden sidewalk in front of the gas office was discovered to be on fire this afternoon. Some water quickly extinguished the flames and little damage was done.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The first car over the Silvis branch of the East Moline Interurban line went over the tracks this morning with Superintendent Jully at the controls. Passengers on the first trip rode free.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island County share of the gas tax money will be $65,300.90 for the first half of the year, according to a notice received today by County Clerk C.N. Isaacson. This amount is somewhat less than the figures for similar periods of 1930 and 1931.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Work is progressing satisfactorily on the new $3,300,000 Moline High School under construction at 41st St. off 23rd Ave., according to Lamont Hultgren, Principal.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island City Council took the first step last week to approve the sale of $350,000 worth of industrial revenue bonds to Servus Rubber Co. The bonds will be used to bring in new equipment and refurbish other equipment, this will create 25 to 35 jobs.
Back: Available days in August 2007