Day in history for August 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We are now prepared to do all kinds of job printing cheaper and better than any other office in the city.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A number of subscriptions have been received to the fund for the erection of a music stand in Union Park and work on the structure will begin immediately.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The United Christian Party will hold its national convention in Rock Island in 1908 to nominate a president and vice president to run in the coming elections, W.R. Benkert, Davenport, party chairman, said today.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Damage estimated at $2,000 resulted from a fire at 6:20 this morning at the Rialto Theater, Rock Island. Firemen attributed the blaze to spontaneous combustion.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island is one of 10 cities in the 25,000 to 50,000 population bracket in the nation to be selected by a committee of the American Bar Assn. for awards for improvement in their traffic court practices and procedures during 1956.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- About two dozen members of the Quad-Cities Hispanic community marched in front of the Scott County Jail to protest a federal crackdown aimed at rounding up illegal immigrants holding local jobs. A total of 56 person have been seized and 32 already have been sent back to Mexico.
Back: Available days in August 2007