Day in history for July 8, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- As we intend shortly to bring out The Argus in a new and beautiful dress, we offer the type on which it is now printed for sale at a bargin.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The policy of the government toward the issueance of currency was denounced at a meeting of the backers of the Greenback party last night in Turner Hall.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Traffic on the Watertown interurban line was stopped at East Moline this morning on orders of Mayor Johnson, because of the failure of the street car company to accept the franchise offered by the city.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The all-day hearing will be conducted tomorrow at the courthouse on the application of the Peoples Power Co. for permits that will authorize construction of a supply pipe line for natural gas to connect the Quad-cities with the Texas-Chicago pipe line of the Natural Gas Pipeline Corporation of America in Rural Township.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A New York Store will be opened in Rock Island in late summer or early fall at 1723 2nd Ave. Announcement of plans for the major department store was made today by Ad Estess, Rock Island, president of the New York Store, Moline.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Tool Co. is shipping a $1.3 million tool to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, one of Japan's largest industrial firms.
Back: Available days in July 2007