Day in history for July 4, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The semi-annual meeting of the Rock Island County Medical Society will be held next Wednesday at the office of Drs. Truesdale and Knox.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Today a man entered the residence of Major Connelly and escaped with all of the silverware he found on the dining room table.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The molds for the first floor framework of the new six-story office building of the Rock Island Safety Deposit Co. have been removed and the novel construction is attracting a great deal of attention.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The annual report of the Rock Island Board of Education reveals that the total enrollment in Rock Island schools is 6,196.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The headquarters of the Junior FBI is a prime example of youth who are not getting into trouble. The clubhouse was built at the Zelnio residence on 5th Avenue in Moline by Benny Zelnio, Greg Sovanski, Butch Babinski and Victor Endress. They'd better not get into trouble. Benny's brothers, Chester and Ray, are both members of the Moline police department.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Shiny, rebuilt antiques cars and souped up vans and street rods took their place alongside bears, elephants and deer at Niabi Zoo when Quad City Classic Chevy Club sponsored their third annual Niabi Zoo Fun Run car show.
Back: Available days in July 2007