Day in history for July 31, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- All the late New York papers and magazines can be found at F.H. Warren's Book Store.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Owners of real estate should chalk up their holding a notch or two in consequence of the ordering of the Hennepin Canal survey.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Moline, East Moline And Watertown Railway Co. yesterday requested a permanent injuction against the city of East Moline to restrain the city from interfering with the operation of its cars.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- More than 2,000 persons were thrilled by the spectacle which the annual Lantern Parade of the Rock Island playground children presented last night at the Rock Island Public Schools Stadium. The parade was by far the largest ever held in the history of the event.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- M.W. Driggs, 2825 5 1/2 Ave., Rock Island, manager of the Modern Woodmen home office camp service department, will retire tomorrow after more than 52 years with the society. Mr. Driggs started as a clerk Jan. 30, 1905.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A lot of concern over elderly housing and a large dose of sentiment brought a loyal band of about 25 protestors to the old Mercy Hospital in Davenport Friday evening to publicly criticize hospital officials who want to tear down the 113 year old building.
Back: Available days in July 2007