Day in history for July 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The St. Charles Saloon has recently been remodeled and is prepared for the July 4 celebration.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The overseer of the poor relieved 21 families during the month of June. The amount of money advanced to the 117 persons was $224.85.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. W.S. Marquis, pastor of the Broadway Presbyterian Church, acceded to the request of church members yesterday and promised to refuse the call to the Lincoln, Neb., pastorate.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Members of the Quad City golf team to compete in the national public links golf tournament at Louisville, Ky., are Lloyd Nordstrom, Art Myers, Rolph Meyers, Emil Plambeck and H.C. Simmons. Nordstrom is the new Quad City golf champion.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Mayor Peter J. Dreier announced the appointment of Ivan Pendleton as new police chief during the regular meeting of the Silvis City Council. Pendleton, who once served as assistant police chief, had been a deputy in the Rock Island County Sheriff's office until last May when he was appointed a sergeant on the Silvis police force.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A four-car crash on Interstate 74 near Moline's 3rd Avenue backed up traffic late Friday night. Moline police said no one was injured in the accident.
Back: Available days in July 2007