Day in history for July 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A man arrested for being drunk and lying on the sidewalk was fined $1 and costs in consideration of being a stranger.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The temperature rose past 85 degrees yesterday for the first time without a storm following.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Officials of the Rock Island Industrial Commission announced today that several large industries are considering moving their plants to Rock Island if satisfactory locations can be secured.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- What to do about pop bottles which are dropped from the grandstand at Douglas Park, jeopardizing the safety of the fans who may be walking beneath, was pondered at the meeting of the Rock Island City Council last night.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Marooned at the bottom of an empty water reservoir tank 150 feet above the ground for more than an hour, Jack Holzer, 36, of Rock Island, was rescued in dramatic action by a team of Rock Island firemen, shortly after 5 last evening. The water tank is located at 42nd Ave. and 14th St., Rock Island.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Carl Robert Seals has one motorcycle for sale. He refuses to get back on the machine he was riding when he swerved a bit too close to a construction barricade on the Centennial Bridge early Sunday, caught his shoe and ripped off his right big toe.
Back: Available days in July 2007